Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Tuesday's Talent: Spiritually Satisfying

As promised, this week I am delivering something special. The featured creations of this week are all about spirit, but more importantly I'm going to share some of my views with you about Spirit.

Our society today is bombarded with advertising pushing us to buy, buy, buy. We are a nation of consumers. We americans create more waste on this earth then she has ever seen before.

Today I would like for you to remember that just two hundred years ago this nation was not like this. The people of this nation understood that the things we obtain, do not really belong to us. They are their own being. They have their own spirit, their own god energy. We may hold them for a short time, but they, like us; will return to Spirit.

Spirit is the essence of Creator, who resides in everything. This earth is put together like a jigsaw puzzle. Each piece has it's own spirit, it's own knowledge. When put together properly these pieces mesh into an astounding weave creating a wealth of knowledge, understanding, harmony and well-being. All we have to do is respect these other pieces.

These things that come into our lives all share the spirit they contain with us. If we take the time to cherish this being and tune into it's energy, it will share it's wisdom with us. Treat them kindly, and take the time to listen and just be with them, and they will share the keys to a happy enlightened life with us.

Look around yourself right now, what do you see? All of those things on your desk, all of the furniture in your home. How many of these things have you said thank you to today? All of these things that surround you once lived, but gave up their life for you. Thank them. Tell them how grateful you are that they have come into your life to share their energy. Open yourself to feel the gratitude you will receive from these things.

I challenge you in the next few weeks, to be more aware of the energies around you. Be more grateful for the things that have given up their lives for you. I challenge you to walk into a store and push past that initial oh, that's pretty, and ask yourself Do I need this? What lesson will this object bring into my life? I challenge you to look at everything around you from a spiritual viewpoint, and seek to add ONLY those things to your home that will fill you with greater joy and understanding.

This weeks features are a variety of beings that have spoken to my spirit. They have reminded me of lessons long forgotten. They have brought me peace and beauty. They have brought an immediate smile to my face and filled my being with joy. They have filled with me gratitude for the immense puzzle of beauty around me. I hope they do the same for you. ~Kat


Spirit Panther


modern freshly hand-painted oil on canvas sky Spirit



Summer Healing


Oh Great Spirit Prayer Flags


Descending Spirits


Lobellia, Gourd Mask


Spirit house hanging


Shaman Spirit - Bone and Gemstone Talisman Necklace


Free Spirit Hippie Boho earrings


Deer Hide Pouch / Medicine Bag


Earth Medicine Energy Spirit Doll


Royal Spirit - beaded Dream Catcher - Native American MADE

2 comments:

T.Allen said...

Beautiful pieces with great energy, thanks for sharing.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I often "joke" that I'm a bad American because I'm a horrible consumer. I grow much of my own food, purchase much of it locally ... make what I am able ... upcycle, recycle and repurpose like a fiend ... and when I buy I buy direct from a crafter or from a small locally-owned business that honors fair trade and locally-grown business.

I *did* make an Etsy purchase today though. And it felt really, really good!

:)